Child Find Alberta appreciates the support in helping keep Every Child Safe from Harm. All of the information contained on this site is copyright and may not be reproduced without the permission of Child Find Alberta.
PRIVACY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Categories of Personal Information We Collect and Hold:
The nature of personal information we collect may include:
Direct Mail/CFA Donor Database
Board of Directors' personal information
Volunteers' personal information
Staff Personnel information
Purposes of Collecting Your Information
Child Find Alberta may use the information we collect for the following purposes:
To send official tax receipts and thank you letters to donors
To send invoices for goods and/or services
To purchase good and/or services as required
To make decisions about volunteer applications
To correspond with members of the Board of Directors
To meet legal, security, processing and regulatory requirements regarding our employees
You may refuse or withdraw your consent as explained. Before using your personal information for any purpose other than those listed above, Child Find Alberta will explain that purpose to you and seek your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information
Child Find Alberta values its relationships with its donors, partners, volunteers, Board Members and suppliers, and is committed to the protection of their personal information, and to keeping their personal information accurate, confidential, secure and private. This Privacy Code is an embodiment of this commitment.
Depending on the nature and sensitivity of your personal information, your consent to the collection, use or disclosure of such information can be express and positive (express and positive consent may be oral, in writing or electronic) or implied (such as applying to volunteer with the organization) in which case we assume that you consent.
You may withdraw your consent at any time as long as you give reasonable notice of withdrawal.
Child Find Alberta Privacy Promise
1. Accountability: We will safeguard, according to strict standards of security and confidentiality, any information you share with us.
2. Identifying Purposes: All volunteer applications, Direct Mail solicitation and program documents shall identify the purpose for which your personal information is being collected and this will occur at or before the information is collected.
3. Consent: Your knowledge and consent shall be required for the collection, use or disclosure of personal information, except where inappropriate.
4. Limiting Collection: Child Find Alberta's collection of your personal information shall be limited to what is necessary for the purposes identified by this organization. Information shall be collected by fair and lawful means.
5. Limiting, Use, Disclosure and Retention: Your personal information shall not be used or disclosed for purposes other than those for which it is collected, except with consent of the individual as required by law. Your personal information shall only be retained for so long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
6. Accuracy: Child Find Alberta is committed to ensuring that your personal information is accurate, up to date, and secure as is necessary for the purposes for which it is to be used.
7. Safeguards: Your personal information shall be protected by security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information. All Criminal Reference Checks shall be acknowledged by the Chair/Executive Director and/or President of the organization and duly returned to the applicant. Child Find Alberta will not retain any copies of an applicant's CRC; and all volunteer applications shall be kept secure in a locked cabinet in a designated area.
8. Openness: Child Find Alberta shall make readily available to individuals specific information about its policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
9. Individual Access: Upon request, an individual shall be informed of the existence, use and disclosure of his or her personal information and shall be given access to that information. An individual shall be able to challenge the accuracy and completeness of the information and have it amended as appropriate.
10. Challenging Compliance: You shall be able to address a challenge concerning compliance with the above principles to the designated individual or individuals accountable for compliance by Child Find Alberta.
Contacting Child Find Alberta
3751 – 21 St NE
Calgary, Alberta T2E 6T5